I'm a University student living in Lethbridge, AB. It's really windy here and sometimes that makes it difficult to ride my bike. I have one internship left until I am a certified high school English teacher, which sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable because I'm really not that much of a grownup.
My name is commonly misspelled and mispronounced. I like sewing, my turtle, body mods, nature, Iceland, a vast variety of music, festivals, being outdoors, cephalopods, accessories, incense, literature and smells that remind me of the past.
The power of words can conquer all.
If you’re eating cow you call it beef
If you’re eating pig you call it pork
If you’re eating deer you call it venison
…so what would you call it if you’re eating human?
This plant right here is God’s gift to mankind, I treasure this plant so much. What I do is, I peel off the skin off the plant and then cut up the gel like fruit layer in small squares and then put them in a bottle as if they were pills and and take 4 squares per day; You can also use the Aloe Vera plant externally on your skin as a skin treatment supplement too. Here are some benefits of using the Aloe Vera plant.
- Halts the growth of cancer tumors.
- Lowers high cholesterol.
- Repairs “sludge blood” and reverses “sticky blood”.
- Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
- Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
- Protects the body from oxidative stress.
- Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.
- Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.
- Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn’s disease and other digestive disorders.
- Reduces high blood pressure natural, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
- Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glyconutrients.
- Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.
- Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.
- Halts colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.
- Ends constipation.
- Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.
- Prevents and treats candida infections.
- Protects the kidneys from disease.
- Functions as nature’s own “sports drink” for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.
- Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
- Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.
- Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin repair.
Amazing button sculptures by Miami based artist Augusto Esquivel. Absolutely stunning stuff!
i almost peed by pants when i realized the medium.
Raul Gutierrez, “Lies I’ve Told My 3 Year Old Recently”
Link to Raul’s Blog, “Heading East.”
I haven’t posted in a while, but today is an extremely relevant day.
I was accepted by the Calgary Board of Education and will begin teaching in January.
The last six years have finally paid off. This is so surreal….
Did an amazing lesson with my 20-2 students today in regards to this campaign. Talked about this, cultural appropriation, stereotypes and identity. I finally felt like i was able to reconnect with them after some meaningful debates and discussions :)
MuggleNet is giving away five $100 gift certificates for Black Milk Clothing’s online store, in celebration of the brand new Hogwarts Collection! Look at all these AWESOME clothes! Reblog this post and then use the link on your blog to enter at MuggleNet. The winners will be announced on September 28th!
Tomorrow is Friday the 13th, anyone have any cool creepy poems/short stories/visual texts I could do with my Grade 11 English classes?